What you will learn
- Understand the language of the stock market, with a working knowledge of key terms and phrases.
- Employ key money management techniques, such as knowing when and how to use stop orders, establishing trading goals, and knowing when and how to enter into trades.
- Learn the proper technical tools to use for charting, such as candlesticks, time frames and RSI’s.
- Identify and successfully utilize key trading setups, and capitalize on techniques of swing trading to get into stocks for longer periods of time.
- Understand the basics, benefits, and opportunities of trading options.
Taught by instructors with decades of experience on Wall Street, Peter Tuchman and David Green, deliver a comprehensive course that equips students with the skills and practical knowledge needed to become savvy stock and options traders. This professional certificate program offers an intensive introduction to the complex world of trading and will provide an invaluable foundation for the strategies and techniques used to navigate volatile equities markets with technical analysis and risk management.
This professional certificate is comprised of the following courses:
CO1: Intro to Stock Trading
Module 1: Language of the Stock Market
Module 2: Money Management
Module 3: Chart Basics
CO2: Technical Analysis and the Skill of Day Trading
Module 1: Scanning for Stocks
Module 2: Using Bracket Orders
Module 3: Techniques for Trading
Module 4: Swing Trading
Module 5: Options
The final step will be the Stock Trading Professional Certification Examination.
- The examination comprises 20 questions.
- Total examination duration is 60 minutes.
- You only have one attempt.
- You'll need to score 70% or higher to pass the examination and be awarded the NYIF Stock Trading Professional Certificate.
Note: Completing all 2 courses and then taking the Professional Certificate Examination is MANDATORY to achieve both the NYIF Certificate of Mastery and the edX Professional Certificate in Stock Trading. A verified learner must pass all courses in the program to earn a Professional Certificate for Stock Trading.
Free Preview! Access Module 1 from Course 1 for free. For full course access, upgrade to a verified certificate.
Courses in this program
NYIF's Stock Trading Professional Certificate
- 2–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Learn how to trade stocks and options using successful strategies of technical analysis and risk management, no matter how volatile and unpredictable the market can be.
- The median annual Stock Trader salary in the United States is $76,983, as of August 2022, with a range usually between $65,837- $88,428. (Source: Salary.com (https://www.salary.com/research/salary/hiring/stock-trader-salary#sa-section-hps)
- Career Prospects with similar training: Trader (Options), Trader (Block) I, Trader (Block) II, Entry OTC Trader.