What you will learn
- Gain a functional understanding of the cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal and renal systems.
- Develop an appreciation of how body systems are integrated to maintain homeostasis. Understand how hormones are critical to physiological responses.
- Appreciate that disruption of normal physiology results in human disease.
This is an introductory program in systems physiology where you will learn how earn how various body systems control everyday life. The two in-demand biomedical science courses in this program will give you insight into how the major body systems perform their functions, and how together the different systems achieve homeostasis. This program is for everyone, whether you are preparing for university study, a career professional interested in refreshing and expanding your physiology knowledge, or simply curious about learning about how cells work.
Courses in this program
UQx's Systems Physiology Professional Certificate
- Started May 31, 20223–5 hours per week, for 8 weeks
Gain insight into the complexities of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, and how gases and nutrients are regulated in healthy humans.
- Started Sep 6, 20223–5 hours per week, for 8 weeks
The renal, gastrointestinal and endocrine systems are key body systems, essential for normal human health. Learn how these systems work together to maintain homeostasis.
- Biomedical scientist - individuals in other fields looking to pivot towards biomedicine.
- Health care professionals wanting update their knowledge of human physiology.
- Individuals curious to learn more about how their body works and its relevance to disease.