What you will learn
- Key design methods taught at TU Delft.
- The design process – from understanding the user in context to delivering a great design.
- How to develop a patient journey.
- How and when to use the method of patient journey mapping in design activities.
- How to identify design opportunities starting from the patient journey.
Courses in this program
DelftX's Product Design & Health Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from Delft University of Technology (DelftX)
Experts from DelftX committed to teaching online learning
Understanding people is one of the hardest and most rewarding challenges of an innovation team. It is easy to make assumptions about how others experience the world, which leads to poorly thought-out products and services. Customer and patient journey mappings of all the different stakeholders, including patients, medical staff, etc., play a crucial role in this and are an important part of the design toolbox. These visual maps capture activities and emotions of people in a particular context over time. This program can help learners see and understand their customers in new ways, and spot the insights that lead to people-centered solutions.