What you will learn
- Identify the impact of variable renewable energy sources (VRES) and smart energy demand on electrical power grids; and different tools and approaches to design a smart grid.
- Apply optimal power flow (OPF) solutions to evaluate the performance of an electrical power system with integrated renewable energy sources.
- Analyze intelligent electrical power system dynamics (frequency stability) to achieve active power balance, and identify control-room technologies for system-wide remote monitoring, protection and risk management of smart grid cyber security.
- Simulate a 9-bus grid, with and without variable renewable resources.
- Analyze and mitigate the impact of “intelligent” but common grid disturbances in electrical power systems.
Courses in this program
DelftX's Smart Grids Integration and Modeling Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from Delft University of Technology (DelftX)
Experts from DelftX committed to teaching online learning
Massive development of power electronic connected solar and wind power plants is a huge challenge for the electrical system. Intelligent electrical power grids contain unconventional and modern solutions to accommodate this scale of renewable energy sources. Understanding both the cause as well as the remedial operational actions are the important learnings of this program.