What you will learn
- The functioning of energy markets, with the European electricity markets as an example.
- The need for an energy transition and different economic approaches for achieving this.
- The economic tools and instruments necessary for stimulating the energy transition.
- To discuss energy transition policies and the regulations needed with policy makers and consumer organizations.
- Assess the effectiveness of economic policy measures in energy transition.
Courses in this program
DelftX's The Economics of Energy Transition Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from Delft University of Technology (DelftX)
The need for the energy transition and the introduction of renewable energy sources are becoming increasingly relevant topics in the energy sector today. For young professionals entering the energy sector, knowledge of the economics of the energy system and how to transition towards a greener future is essential. Engineers, managers and economists wishing to focus on energy could all benefit greatly from taking this course if they wish to pursue a career in this sector.