What you will learn
- Model and solve real-world problems using Markov chains, determinants, dynamical systems, and Google Page Rank.
- Construct the singular value decomposition (SVD) of a matrix and apply the SVD to estimate the rank and condition number of a matrix, construct a basis for the four fundamental spaces of a matrix, and construct a spectral decomposition of a matrix.
- Apply the iterative Gram Schmidt Process and the QR decomposition to construct an orthogonal basis of a subspace.
- Apply least-squares and multiple regression to construct a linear model from a data set.
- Apply eigenvalues and eigenvectors to solve optimization problems that are subject to distance and orthogonality constraints.
2 skill-building courses
Progress at your own speed
5 - 6 hours per week
For the full program experience
Courses in this program
GTx's Applications of Linear Algebra Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructor from The Georgia Institute of Technology (GTx)
Experts from GTx committed to teaching online learning
2 courses in 2 months