What you will learn
- What FinTech is and how it is transforming the world of finance around the world.
- Understand the major technologies involved in FinTech and the major players in the market, including startups, TechFins, traditional financial institutions and regulators.
- Learn about blockchain, its design, uses, potential and limitations.
- The opportunities of FinTech but also the risks and challenges of the technological transformation of finance.
- Understand not only the current landscape but also develop the tools to understand future trends and developments.
Courses in this program
HKUx's FinTech Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from The University of Hong Kong (HKUx)
Experts from HKUx committed to teaching online learning
As finance is being transformed at an increasingly faster pace, the need for high quality education has never been higher. Our mission at CFTE is to offer opportunities to those who want to be part of the new world of finance, and we are proud to collaborate with Hong Kong University to develop education at scale.
Thomson Reuters is one of the world's first FinTech companies and is dedicated to the development of the industry as a strategic priority. We have contributed to the Introduction to FinTech course and feel that the new Professional Certificate will provide a valuable resource for both those in the industry as well as those looking for careers in FinTech.
Standard Chartered understands the importance of constant innovation in the era of digital transformation. By completing University of Hong Kong’s first FinTech-focused Massive Open Online Course over edX, our staff will be better equipped not just to cope with the technological changes, but also to become the disruptor of the banking industry to bring better services to our customers.