What you will learn
- Understand your community’s wants and needs via various assessment tools and synthesize them into a plan;
- Be an effective fiscal steward via budgeting, long-term planning, and savvy financial practices;
- Gain an awareness of how to plan for maintenance, infrastructure, utilities, technology, and related expenses;
- Manage a thriving workforce via effective diversity practices, hiring, evaluation, and other personnel issues;
- Promote the work of the library through marketing and public relations practices;
- Expand the library’s impact via effective grant writing and crowdfunding efforts.
Courses in this program
MichiganX's Public Library Management Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from The University of Michigan (MichiganX)
Experts from MichiganX committed to teaching online learning
I'm so pleased to see that the University of Michigan has developed this eight-course public library management MOOC for professional certification. U of M's new eight-course MOOC is perfect for new and aspiring library managers and directors.