What you will learn
- Gather, interpret, and apply market and consumer data to your decision making, using a market research framework.
- Understand how to apply the tools and methodologies available to conduct market research.
- Conduct a competitor analysis and examine existing trends using tools like Porter’s Five Forces.
- Develop a unique, data-driven corporate identity to defend your market position, increase your market share, and set your business apart from competitors.
With the massive amount of consumer data available today, it has become increasingly important for businesses to adequately gather and analyze this information to succeed.
The Market Research, Consumer Insights, and Competitor Analysis professional certificate program from the University of Cape Town (UCT) aims to equip you with the critical skills to interpret customer data and turn it into actionable business insights.
By exploring real-world cases, you’ll discover how market trends and business data can be interpreted and utilized in multiple scenarios and industries. As you gain the relevant tools to understand your market, competitors, and customers, you’ll become better equipped to shape a competitive, data-driven corporate identity, enabling you to respond to change more effectively. You’ll also learn how to conduct your own market research, and lead a team to do the same.
Courses in this program
UCT's Market Research, Consumer Insights, and Competitor Analysis Professional Certificate
- Professionals from a variety of industries who want to ensure their organization uses market and consumer-informed data to drive strategic business decisions.
- Business owners, analysts, managers, marketing specialists, and strategists who want to gain the skills to better understand their market and audience.
- Product and business development managers will become better equipped to shape their strategies with informed market insights, and establish and maintain a distinct business identity.
- Current market and consumer analysts will refine and validate their knowledge, as they walk away with an official certificate that speaks to their unique skill set in a competitive market.
- Future-focused entrepreneurs will find value in the real-life case studies, industry knowledge, and practical approach to market research.