What you will learn
- Apply the lens of the value chain to review and critically analyse all aspects of the business of mining and its associated stakeholders.
- Analyse the complexities of the lifecycle of a mine through a systems approach from discovery to rehabilitation.
- Explain how innovation has and will continue to impact the evolution of mining and business processes.
- Create innovative solutions to contemporary problems in the mining sector.
- Analyse how mining contributes to the sustainable development of society.
- Distinguish and classify capabilities required across evolving roles and operating models within the mining sector.
- Articulate the importance of an integrated organisational culture that delivers on safety, productivity and engagement.
Courses in this program
UQx and CurtinX's Foundations of Modern Mining Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from The University of Queensland (UQx), Curtin University (CurtinX)
Experts from UQx, CurtinX committed to teaching online learning
Minerals Council of Australia
Demand for skilled workers is growing, and more flexible, higher quality and responsive education, training and workforce development is crucial to build the minerals workforce of the future. Support for this certificate course is part of a long-term substantial investment by MCA member companies to ensure the quality supply of Australian graduates for the mining industry. Effective, collaborative partnerships across industry, universities, government and the community are essential to reinvigorate learning pathways, student experiences and outcomes to attract and engage diverse talent.