What you will learn
- Understand the keys to successfully navigating the roles and responsibilities of being a product manager to champion change with internal and external collaborators and influencers.
- Learn how to truly know your target customer, your customer’s underserved needs, your value proposition, your product feature set, and your user experience, then integrate this knowledge into product and market requirements and positioning plans.
- Translate product ideas into tangible assets by creating wireframes, 3D renderings, prototypes, and minimum viable products (MVPs) to test assumptions and validate customer interests.
- Develop techniques for designing and modeling for fast feedback and idea sharing, system optimization with open architectures, validating functions and verifying performance, and leveraging and enabling the system designs, platforms, and ecosystems.
- Embrace modern product leadership to form and motivate product teams, and grow organizations that can both discover and deliver products at scale.
Courses in this program
UMD and USMx's Product Management Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from The University of Maryland, College Park (UMD), University System of Maryland (USMx)
Experts from UMD, USMx committed to teaching online learning
At Softek Enterprises, we know that modern product development means rapidly responding to customers and evolving the value delivery systems of the organization. We do this every day for our mission driven clients in government supporting healthcare, welfare, records management, and business intelligence. To do this we employ radical application development, built on the principles of product management, agile, and DevOps taught in the UMD Product Management Certificate on edX. We highly recommend that those looking to lead new products take this certificate and join in the product management revolution.