About this courseSkip About this course
This course is an introduction to microservices and the TARS framework for beginners. TARS is a new generation distributed microservice applications framework designed to support multiple programming languages, including C++, Golang, Java, Node.js, PHP, and Python, which allows developers and enterprises to quickly build stable and reliable applications that run at scale.
This course will show you why more and more developers and companies have chosen TARS to build their services. It is designed for engineers working in microservices, as well enterprise managers interested in exploring internal technical architectures, especially working for digital transmission in the traditional industry. In addition, anyone interested in software architecture will benefit from this course.
You will learn how to efficiently develop microservices programs using different programming languages and quickly deploy the corresponding services into applications. Upon completion, you will wield a powerful skill for understanding microservices architecture and should be able to quickly build stable and reliable applications based on TARS.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Explain the concepts of monolith, microservices, service mesh and serverless, and understand how their differences translate into the different approaches for software development.
- Describe the components and characteristics of the TARS framework.
- Install and operate TARS in Docker, Kubernetes, or from source code.
- Create a microservices application using the TARS framework.
- Maintain or scale up microservices applications in TARS.
- Understand the features that make TARS a preferred solution for enterprises across different industries.
1. Introduction to Microservices and TARS
2. TARS Environment Setup
3. Fundamentals of TARS
4. Hello World (Build your first service in TARS)
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$199 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally