About this course
- No more generic answers! Hear what senior management specifically looks for in challenging questions.
- Stop asking Google! Exchange ideas with a global community of learners.
- No more rehearsing in your head! Use the tools on the platform to practise, learn to assess answers and get inspiration from instructor feedback and other participants – Verified learners only.
What you'll learn
- prepare precise and persuasive answers to challenging questions
- use verbal and non-verbal skills to impress the interviewers
- perform professionally during and after interviews
- identify effective and ineffective answers
- access instructor feedback and comments
- evaluate their own answers
- watch full length interview videos with industry professionals
This two-part job interviews course guides you on the path to success. Based on interviews with industry professionals and experienced recruiters, Part 1 focuses on Basic Job Interview Skills and Part 2 focuses on Advanced Job Interview Skills.
The course will run self-paced and will end on the 2nd December, 2019.
Goals and outcomes:
This job interviews course is for both native and non-native speakers of English. Native speakers will learn from industry professionals and recruiters about how to effectively answer interview questions. Non-native speakers will also benefit from the English language input.
Once you have your professional knowledge and gained your experience, how you persuade others to believe that you are as good as you say you are is the challenge. Our instructors have had a 100% success rate in getting interviews and landing a job and we hope to share that experience with you. The course materials are designed based on our expertise as well as advice from accomplished professionals in the business, HR and academic field. Taking this course will bring you closer to getting that job.
The recommended course to take before this course is [email protected]: Basic Job Interview Skills.
Key words: job interview questions, practice your answers, extra copies, firm handshake, researching the company, good fit, interview tips, maintain eye contact, pay attention, minutes early, and answer questions
[email protected]: Advanced Job Interview Skills focuses not only on improving your job interview skills but hanhandling challenging interview questions more effectively. In every section, the length of the teaching videos will not exceed 30 minutes. In addition there are some simple online games, quizzes and assignments. You are expected to spend about 2 hours in each section.
By the end of the course, you‘ll have learned how to:
- Give impressive answers
- Use non-verbal communication skills, intonation and word stress effectively to
- persuade and engage the interviewers
- Handle challenging questions
- Ask appropriate questions
- Act professionally after interviews
There is no weekly deadline for the assessment componentsYou just need to complete them before 11:29 p.m. UTC, Monday 2nd December, 2019.
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $50.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
"All information is very up-to-date and from what I have seen they actually consult real professionals in the field when developing their materials (needless to say, these are EXCELLENT!)."
Frequently asked questions
- allows you access to the courseware and resources for a limited period of time
- requires a fee, but
- allows you full access to all the courseware and resources until the end of the course
- allows full access to sample answers and instructor feedback and comments
- provides an authentic identification-verified certificate
- can be used for matters such as job applications and college applications.