About this course
This course will change the way you prepare for and perform in job interviews.
What you'll learn
- achieve interview success in six steps
- stand out from the crowd using four strategies
- avoid common mistakes
- highlight soft and hard skills using appropriate vocabulary and expressions
- structure impressive answers using four steps
- express opinions and delaying answers effectively
- identify effective and ineffective answers
- access instructor feedback and comments
- evaluate their own answers
- watch full length interview videos with industry professionals
This two-part job interviews course guides you on the path to success. Based on interviews with industry professionals and experienced recruiters, Part 1 focuses on Basic Job Interview Skills and Part 2 focuses on Advanced Job Interview Skills.
The course will run self-paced and will end on the 2nd December, 2019.
Goals and outcomes:
This job interviews course is for both native and non-native speakers of English. Native speakers will learn from industry professionals and recruiters about how to effectively answer interview questions. Non-native speakers will also benefit from the English language input.
Once you have your professional knowledge and gained your experience, how you persuade others to believe that you are as good as you say you are is the challenge. Our instructors have had a 100% success rate in getting interviews and landing a job and we hope to share that experience with you. The course materials are designed based on our expertise as well as advice from accomplished professionals in the business, HR and academic field.
Taking this course will bring you closer to getting that job. There is no prerequisite requirement for this course. You just need to be interested in improving your job interview skills and helping your fellow students’ in their learning journey. In every section, the length of the teaching videos will not exceed 30 minutes. In addition there are some simple online games, quizzes and assignments. You are expected to spend about 2 hours in each section.
Key words: job search, job seekers, common interview questions, researching the company, firm handshake, copies of your resume, body language, interview tips, preparing your answer, interview skills, arrive early, and eye contact
By the end of the course, you‘ll have learned how to:
- Achieve interview success in six steps
- Stand out from the crowd using four strategies
- Avoid common mistakes
- Structure impressive answers following four simple steps
- Express opinions and delay answers appropriately
There is no weekly deadline for the assessment components. You just need to complete them before 11:29 p.m. UTC, Monday 2nd December, 2019.
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $50.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
“This is a really useful course. I learned so much by watching the example interviews, and the tips from the industry professionals. I strongly recommend the course for anyone looking for their first job, or considering moving jobs.”
Frequently asked questions
- allows you access to the courseware and resources for a limited period of time
- requires a fee, but
- allows you full access to all the courseware and resources until the end of the course
- allows full access to sample answers and instructor feedback and comments
- provides an authentic identification-verified certificate
- can be used for matters such as job applications and college applications.