About this course
When you complete this course, you will become familiar with the general structure of primary and secondary equity markets from a domestic and international perspective. Beginning with introductory finance notions of risk and return, we examine qualitative concepts such as market efficiency and valuation.
These tools should enable you to build valuation models for common stocks. Through this process, you will also learn how professional financial analysts should evaluate companies. The course is suitable for students seeking eventual employment with a brokerage company, investment company or financial services company with responsibilities in evaluating and selecting equity securities for investment portfolios.
What you'll learn
- To advance the understanding of fundamental concepts of financial markets and market participants.
- To explain the structure of global markets in which equities trade.
- To evaluate the economic and industry environment in which companies operate.
- To develop and employ tools of financial analysis for examining company fundamentals.
- To understand techniques for valuing equity securities.
- To link theories of valuation to practical aspects of investing.
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $50.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally