What you will learn
In this course you will learn about:
- The effects of ICT in processes such as globalization, e-commerce, business strategy, competition and outsourcing, among others
- Cybersecurity concepts related to intellectual property, privacy, hackers; threats and how to defend us against them.
- The phenomenon of Web 2.0 and social networks
- The different professional careers that can be chosen in the world of IT
This course is one of the 5 courses of an introductory business information systems series, designed to introduce you to the amazing world of Information Technology.
The series of courses is designed so that a professional in a field outside the information technologies (financial, administrative or managerial) acquires the basic knowledge in Information Technology to be able to interact more profitably with the computer and telecommunications specialists of your company or other corporations with which you are related, being able to specify requirements, evaluate workloads and monitor results in a much more effective way.
The syllabus of the series is based on the CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications exam.
In this Computer Science course we will deal with cybersecurity and various other social aspects of ICT, such as its effect on globalization, business strategy and other economic processes, ergonomics, cloud computing and professional careers in the field of ICT.
By completing the series of 5 courses, you will be prepared to interact effectively with specialists in the Information Technology sector (and pass the CLEP ISCA exam if you wish).
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Mar 20, 2019