About this courseSkip About this course
One of the key skills of a data scientist is the ability to tell a compelling story, visualizing data and findings in an approachable and stimulating way.
In this course, you will learn how to leverage a software tool to visualize data that will also enable you to extract information, better understand the data, and make more effective decisions.
You can start creating your own data science projects and collaborating with other data scientists using IBM Watson Studio. When you sign up, you get free access to Watson Studio. Start now and take advantage of this platform.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- how to take data that at first glance has little meaning and present that data in a form that makes sense to people.
- how to use some data visualization libraries in Python, namely Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Folium for presenting data.
- Introduction to Data Visualization
- Introduction to Matplotlib
- Basic Plotting with Matplotlib
- Dataset on Immigration to Canada
- Line Plots
- Area Plots
- Bar Charts
- Pie Charts
- Box Plots
- Scatter Plots
- Bubble Plots
- Waffle Charts
- Word Clouds
- Seaborn and Regression Plots
- Introduction to Folium
- Maps with Markers
- Choropleth Maps
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $39.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally