Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This course is credit eligible through Doane University's Open Learning Academy. The Open Learning Academy's 3-4 credit hour courses are designed to provide learners with foundational coursework for undergraduate level programs. It is strongly encouraged that you consult with your institution of choice to determine how these credits will be applied to their degree requirements prior to transferring the credit.
Medicine has a very distinct and highly specialized language. It is necessary for any student wishing to pursue a successful career in the medical field to acquire comprehension in this system of communication, including Allied Healthcare professionals. Learners will receive thorough instruction in developing fluency with medical terms. Medical vocabulary will be taught with specific emphasis on root (or stem words), prefixes, suffixes and abbreviations. By the end of this course learners will be expected to have a basic comprehension of medical terms and be able to communicate accurately to their peers in the field.
Terms associated with anatomy, physiology, pathology and diagnostic tests of different systems are discussed but no previous knowledge of these topics is necessary.
BIOL-210x Medical Terminology from DoaneX is a credit-eligible course. Learners have the opportunity to experience this same rigorous university-level course on a flexible schedule and earn academic credit when they pass the course with a C or better.
Number of credit hours for BIOL-210x Medical Terminology: 3 credit hours.
Cost: $500 (USD) - pay for credit earned after passing the course with a C or better.
- Learner must enroll in the Verified Certificate option.
- Learner must abide to all course and academic integrity policies throughout the entire course.
- Learner must receive a passing grade of a C or better.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Identify and interpret common prefixes, and suffixes used in medical terms
- Determine the meaning of stem words to break down complex medical terms and their components to decipher the meaning.
- Use common medical abbreviations in typical medical documents to interpret a physician’s shortened notes
- Write and apply medical terms in a suitable context in reports and other forms of medical documentation
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$99 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo