Hay una sesión disponible:
Migrating to the AWS Cloud
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This four week course focuses on migrating workloads to AWS. We will focus on analyzing your current environment, planning your migration, and discussing the actual migration steps. We will also survey AWS tools and services that will accelerate your migration to AWS.
Hands-on labs are available, though not required for this class. Access to the labs is limited to paid enrolled students. You can audit this course without taking the labs. As we dive into each of the services covered in this class, there will be links to documentation where you can find example applications and code samples.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Conduct portfolio discovery and analyze the infrastructure and workloads of an on-premises environment
- Describe strategies for planning and migrating workloads to the AWS Cloud
- Discuss AWS services commonly used for cloud migration
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
- Welcome to AWS Fundamentals: Migrating to the Cloud
- Introduction to Week 1
- Meet the Instructors
- Defining what we mean by Migration
- Migration Preparation and Business Planning (Phase 1)
- Portfolio Discovery and Planning (Phase 2)
- Design, Migration and Application Validation (Phase 3 & 4)
- Operate (Phase 5)
- Cloud Adoption Framework - Hybrid Environments
- What are we hoping to get out of this class
- Introduction to Week 2
- Scaling Considerations
- High Availability
- Considerations with Migrating DB vs Applications
- AWS Server Migration Services
- VM Import and VM on AWS (Server Migration Service)
- Introduce AWS Migration Hub
- AWS Application Discovery Service
- Multi-environment Security and Communications6m
- Data Considerations When Migrating
- Introduction to Week 3
- Amazon EFS, Amazon EBS, & Amazon S3
- Storage - AWS Snowball & AWS Snowmobile
- AWS Storage Gateway & AWS DataSync
- Storage - AWS DMS Overview
- Storage - AWS DMS Core Features
- Storage Schema Conversion
- Storage - Amazon Aurora (Serverless)
- AWS Direct Connect & Amazon Route 53
- Deployment Strategies
- Introduction to Week 4
- Automation - AWS API Centricity
- AWS System Manager & AWS Cloud Formation
- Overview and TSO Logic
- Migration Tools - Cloud Endure
- Migration Acceleration Program (MAP)
- Recap - Migration Types
- Next Steps - Partners
- Class Wrap Up
Acerca de los instructores
Preguntas frecuentesOmitir Preguntas frecuentes
Q. Are there any prerequisites for this course?
A. There are no required prerequisites for this course. However, we recommend that leaners have a general understanding of cloud computing and security concepts.
Q. Is it a requirement that I complete the AWS Professional Developer Series on edX before taking this course?
A. No this is not a requirement.
Q. Are there any costs associated with this course?
A. Learners can register for the course in an Audit track or Verified Certificate track. The Audit track is free, but has restrictions. The Verified Certificate track costs $49 and provides full access to course content for the duration. Please visit edx.org for more information.
Q. Are there hands-on activities in this course?
A. Yes, this course includes hands-on lab exercises. However, these exercises are restricted to learners in the Verified Certificate Track.
Q. How much time will this course require?
A. If following the weekly schedule, learners should plan to spend about 3 hours per week on this course. However, learners may complete the course at their own pace.
Q. Will I receive a certificate for this course?
A. Learners enrolled in the Verified Certificate path will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Q. What is the grading policy for this course?
A. All learners may take weekly quizzes, which are not graded and allow unlimited retries.
Learners in the Verified Certificate track are able to take the final course assessment in the course. Passing the final assessment is required to obtain the Verified Certificate.
Learners in the Audit track will not have access to the final assessment, and will not be able to earn a certificate.
Q. How are discussions used in this course?
A. This course has discussion groups aligned to each week of the course. We encourage learners to ask questions or offer suggestions and feedback. AWS Instructors will monitor the discussion groups to answer questions specific to the exercises and topics covered in the course.
Q. When will course content be available?
A. All course content will be available when the course opens. Since AWS frequently publishes service updates and new features/functionality, there may be a need to update the course content during its lifetime. If course content is updated, a notice will be placed on the course home page.
Q. Will this course help me prepare for an AWS Certification?
A. Earning an AWS Certification typically requires both knowledge and experience. While this course, if taken in isolation, will provide you with baseline information about migrating to the cloud, it will not equip you to earn an AWS Certification. For more information about AWS Certifications, including recommended training and experience requirements, visit aws.amazon.com/certification.