Hay una sesión disponible:
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Do you aspire to be an ideal people manager? The journey from being an individual contributor to a people manager requires significant personal development and growth. If you are a first time manager, you may have asked yourself:
- Where did I go wrong in managing this particular employee?
- How should I give feedback to my subordinates?
- How do I handle potential assessments?
- How should I motivate people who report to me?
The objective of this business and management course is to smoothen the transition for newly appointed people managers, motivate and guide people who are aspiring to become one and to think back and reflect for seasoned managers.
The course will provide learners with an enhanced understanding of the role of people management in organizational context.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Gain an overview of what it means to be an effective people manager
- Have a deeper understanding of the different aspects of people management
- Be able to appreciate the challenges faced by a first time manager
- Reflect on your managerial experiences
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Week 1: Introduction to People Management
Difference between People Management and Human Resource Management; impact of individual and organizational factors on people management.
Week 2: Getting Work Done Through Others
Challenges of getting work done; significance of prioritization and assigning work to team members.
Week 3: Assessment and Evaluation
Concept of performance management and role of a manager in the different stages of the performance management process.
Week 4: Building Peer Networks
Understanding the importance of peer networks in an organization; being able to influence those on whom you have no authority.
Week 5: Essentials of Communication
Concept of the communication process with reflection on various barriers to effective communication and ways to overcome.
Week 6: Managing Self
Reflection on what does it mean to be a people manager; building a personal development plan for oneself.