There is one session available:
Introduction to Cloud Native, DevOps, Agile, and NoSQL
About this courseSkip About this course
Interested in learning the complete process of developing cloud-native applications, from start to finish? Then this course is for you!
This course covers essential cloud concepts like Cloud Native Applications and Cloud Native Computing Foundations (CNCF) and their impact on cloud app developers. You'll also dive into specific tools and techniques for building these apps.
You’ll then move on to improving your organization’s culture through DevOps. This involves maintaining consistent behavior and high code quality through approaches like test-driven and behavior-driven development. It will help you establish uniform practices and uphold exemplary code quality.
Additionally, the course explains the benefits of implementing Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) alongside Agile and Scrum methodologies. You'll also understand how aligning teams and promoting autonomy contributes to building superior systems.
The course also covers MongoDB principles in depth and explores IBM Cloudant, including its architecture, technologies, advantages, and common use cases.
Finally, the course concludes with a hands-on project. In this project, you'll deploy and modernize an application, refine user stories, add new features, and redeploy using CI/CD. This project will serve as a valuable addition to your portfolio, showcasing your newly acquired skills.
At a glance
- Institution: IBM
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Intermediate
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and terminology
- Basic literacy in Cloud Application Development
- Associated programs:
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: DevOps, Git (Version Control System), Scrum (Software Development), Cloudant, Software Quality (SQA/SQC), MongoDB, Continuous Delivery, Web Ide, Cloud-Native Applications, Application Programming Interface (API), Node.js, Cloud-Native Computing, NoSQL, Agile Methodology, Application Development, Cloud Services, User Story, IBM Cloud Computing, Cloud Development, RESTful API, JSON, Public Cloud, Behavior-Driven Development, Artificial Intelligence, Continuous Integration, Software Development Life Cycle
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
After completing this course, a learner will be able to:
- Explore cloud-native applications concepts and methodologies.
- Recognize CNCF’s impact, and analyze the benefits of CI/CD, Agile, and Scrum.
- Recognize the DevOps culture and its significance.
- Differentiate between TDD and BDD and explore the principles and characteristics of MongoDB.
- Implement CI/CD practices and connect and integrate user stories to facilitate the Agile development process.
- Enhance application functionality using tools and techniques.
- Perform basic data operations using MongoBD and CRUD operations.
Module 1: Introduction to Cloud Native
- Welcome to Developing Cloud Native Applications
- Cloud Computing Overview
- Cloud Native Applications
- Hybrid Cloud (Optional)
- Modernizing with Cloud Native Technologies
Module 2: DevOps & CI/CD
- Introduction to DevOps & CI/CD
- Definition of DevOps
- Essential Characteristics of DevOps
- Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- What Is CI/CD?
- Benefits of CI/CD
- Tools for DevOps, CI and CD
- DevOps Tools Categories and Their Available Tools
- Hands-on Lab: CI/CD in Action
- Everyone is Responsible for Success
Module 3: Agile and Scrum
- Introduction to Agile Development and Scrum
- Agile Principles
- Scrum Overview
- Organizational impact of Agile
- Mistaking Iterative Development for Agile
- Destination Unknown
- Agile Roles and the Need for Training
- Creating Good User Stories
- Effectively using Story Points
- Building the Product Backlog
- Sprint Planning
- The Sprint Review
- The Sprint Retrospective
- Hands-on Lab: Get Set Up in ZenHub
- Hands-on Lab: Creating stories in ZenHub
Module 4: NoSQL Databases in Cloud
- Overview of NoSQL
- Overview of MongoDB
- Advantages of MongoDB
- Use Cases for MongoDB
- MongoDB in the Cloud IDE
- Hands-on Lab: Getting Started with MongoDB
- Hands-on Lab: MongoDB CRUD
- CRUD Operations
- Hands-On Lab: Accessing MongoDB from Python (Optional)
- Final Project Overview
- Final Project Instruction
- Peer Graded Assignment