What you will learn
- How core Cloud concepts influence application development
- How to use front-end development languages and tools
- How to use back-end development languages and tools
- How to develop and deploy a Cloud Application
There is an app for everything, from online shopping and budgeting, through health and fitness to infectious disease tracking. Cloud application developers build apps that help us shop and track our spending, monitor our exercise, and help keep us safe during times of pandemics.
Take the first steps to become a Cloud Developer by completing the Cloud Application Development Foundations Professional Certificate, guided by experts from IBM. Build your own cloud-based applications and learn about the technologies behind them as you go.
This Professional Certificate prepares you to develop, build, deploy, and test applications on a public cloud platform and deliver Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions using Cloud Native and DevOps lifecycle management methodologies.
This curriculum starts with an introduction to the core concepts of cloud computing and the role its playing in digital transformation. We introduce you to some of the prominent cloud service providers of our times including, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.) the services they offer and look at some case studies of cloud computing across industry verticals.
You will understand the differences between Public, Private, Hybrid and Hybrid MultiCloud environments. You will become familiar cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure components such as Virtualization, VMs, Containers, Microservices, Serverless Computing, Cloud Storage and Secure Cloud Networks.
You will learn essential cloud software development concepts and study the languages, tools, and platforms to create your first cloud-based apps. You will explore the roles of front-end, back-end and full-stack developers, and learn the core skills and concepts needed for each role.
The Cloud Application Developer Professional Certificate will teach you the tools and software development skills that successful Cloud Developers use to build, deploy, run, and manage applications on a cloud platform, putting you in position to begin a new career.
Courses in this program
IBM's Cloud and Application Development Foundations Professional Certificate
- 2–4 hours per week, for 3 weeks
Jumpstart your cloud expertise and explore offerings of AWS, Google, and IBM; delve into IaaS, PaaS, SaaS models, and cloud security. Experience IBM Cloud app deployment. Perfect for executives, students, and budding professionals.
- 2–4 hours per week, for 2 weeks
- 6–8 hours per week, for 2 weeks
Learn to develop cloud-native applications from scratch in this comprehensive course. Covering key cloud concepts, tools, and techniques, you'll also explore DevOps culture, CI/CD practices, and MongoDB principles.
- 4–6 hours per week, for 3 weeks
In a recent Stack Overflow survey, Node.js was used by about 50% of the developers who answered the survey, making it the most used server-side technology. Express ranked as the fourth most popular web technology overall, making it the most popular server-side web framework.
- Employment of software developers is projected to grow 21% from 2018-2028, faster than average for all occupations. (source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Cloud Development accounts for about 1/4th of all software development with over 5 million cloud developers today. (source: Evans Data Corp)
- Average salary for a Cloud Developer in the US is $127,353 (as of June 2020, source: ZipRecruiter)