IoT Programming and Big Data
About this courseSkip About this course
The Internet of Things is creating massive quantities of data, and managing and analysing it requires a unique approach to programming and statistics for distributed data sources.
This course will teach introductory programming concepts that allow connection to, and implementation of some functionality on, IoT devices, using the Python programming language. In addition, students will learn how to use Python to process text log files, such as those generated automatically by IoT sensors and other network-connected systems.
Learners do not need prior programming experience to undertake this course, and will not learn a specific programming language - however Python will be used for demonstrations. This course will focus on learning by working through realistic examples.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroMasters® Program in Internet of Things (IoT)
- Associated skills: Demonstration Skills, Big Data, Distributed Data Store, Python (Programming Language), Log Files, Internet Of Things (IoT), Programming Concepts
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Appreciate the software needs of an IoT project
- Understand how data is managed in an IoT network
- Apply software solutions for different systems and Big Data to your IoT concept designs
- Create Python scripts to manage large data files collected from sensor data and interact with the real world via actuators and other output devices.