There is one session available:
Identifying Entrepreneurial Opportunities
About this courseSkip About this course
This course explores how anyone can be a successful startup entrepreneur or corporate innovator by thoughtfully examining themselves and the business opportunity. By harnessing these insights and cultivating an entrepreneurial spirit, you can create and transform an entrepreneurial idea into a new startup company or corporate venture.
Over 800,000 people have used The Opportunity Analysis Canvas that is the basis of this course. Designed by Dr. James V. Green, the lead faculty for this course, this unique model equips you to identify and analyze a new business opportunity that aligns with your startup entrepreneurship or corporate innovation interests.
The Opportunity Analysis Canvas distills vast amounts of research in psychology, sociology, and business into a practical how-to guide for aspiring and active entrepreneurs and innovators. The course presents a whole new understanding of entrepreneurial mindset and action. The course is structured as a nine-step experience segmented into thinking entrepreneurially, seeing entrepreneurially, and acting entrepreneurially.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: اَلْعَرَبِيَّةُ, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, हिन्दी, Bahasa Indonesia, Português, Kiswahili, తెలుగు, Türkçe, 中文
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Associated skills:Sociology, Opportunity Analysis, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Psychology
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Develop the skills for identifying and analyzing entrepreneurial ideas;
- Foster thinking entrepreneurially with an awareness of entrepreneurial mindset, entrepreneurial motivation, and entrepreneurial behavior;
- Cultivate seeing entrepreneurially with attention to industry conditions, industry status, macroeconomic change, and competition; and
- Champion acting entrepreneurially with an understanding of value innovation and opportunity identification.
Module 1: Introduction to Startup Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation - This module includes a welcome to the course, an orientation to our teaching approach and faculty, and an introduction to the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Module 2: Thinking Entrepreneurially - We examine entrepreneurial thinking within yourself and your colleagues with an awareness of entrepreneurial mindset, entrepreneurial motivations, and entrepreneurial behaviors.
Module 3: Seeing Entrepreneurially - We facilitate seeing entrepreneurially within yourself and your colleagues with attention to industry conditions, industry status, macroeconomic change, and competition.
Module 4: Acting Entrepreneurially - We explore acting entrepreneurially with an understanding of value innovation and opportunity identification.
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
"The instruction and startup coaching that I received when a student at the University of Maryland were invaluable to the launch and growth of Squarespace. The skills taught in this course are a fantastic introduction to many of the fundamentals one needs when starting a business." Anthony Casalena, Founder and CEO of Squarespace