There is one session available:
Introduction to Hyperledger Blockchain Technologies
About this courseSkip About this course
Discover the power of business blockchains and distributed ledger technologies with an overview of Hyperledger andits key frameworks. All over the global market there are ledgers that organizations and individuals alike must trust. Blockchain technologies record promises, trades, transactions or simply items we never want to disappear, allowing everyone in an ecosystem to keep a copy of the common system of record.
This introductory course is carefully curated for nontechnical, business-oriented audiences. It examines blockchains for the enterprise and a number of pertinent use cases from the Hyperledger Foundation, a global cross-industry community of communities hosted by The Linux Foundation and advancing business blockchain technologies. The Hyperledger Foundation is incubating and promoting enterprise grade, open source business blockchain software, on top of which anyone can set up apps to meet cross-industry needs.
The course covers key features of blockchain technologies and the differentiators between various types of Hyperledger projects. We'll start with ‘what is blockchain’ and open the discussion to identifying suitable blockchain use cases for your business requirements. We will then take a deeper dive into the enterprise-ready Hyperledger blockchain technologies.
Students will gain an understanding of how blockchains work and how they can create value for their business through cost-savings and efficiencies, in terms of speed and simplicity. They will view how information is generated, stored, and shared in various blockchains, as well as gain tools to evaluate whether or not a blockchain solution would be suitable for their particular business case.
Industries today are using blockchain technologies to increase efficiency and solve business problems associated with data privacy, security, information sharing, and inclusion. Be on the cutting edge; learn about these innovative technologies and bring unique value to your business.
At a glance
- Institution: LinuxFoundationX
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Introductory
LFS170x - Blockchain: Understanding Its Uses and Implications
Basic understanding of technology and computer terminology, networking, and databases
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: اَلْعَرَبِيَّةُ, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, हिन्दी, Bahasa Indonesia, Português, Kiswahili, తెలుగు, Türkçe, 中文
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Blockchain for Business
- Associated skills:Ledgers (Accounting), Business Requirements, Information Sharing, Hyperledger, Innovation, Linux, Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers, International Finance, Information Privacy
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Describe business blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
- Gain familiarity with current Hyperledger projects and cross-industryuse cases
- Become involved in and contribute to the open source Hyperledger projects
1. Discovering Blockchain Technologies
2. Introduction to Hyperledger Foundation
3. Hyperledger Foundation Hosted Projects
4. The Promise of Business Blockchain Technologies
5. What's Next