What you will learn
- An understanding of the prominent perspectives, trends, and challenges of leadership styles in development.
- The ability to apply critical reasoning to the analysis of development-related issues.
- Critical knowledge of the science, practice and policy of sustainable pathways to development.
- Skills in adaptive development practice, in finding local solutions to complex problems, and for scaling those solutions to improve policy.
Courses in this program
UQx's Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters® Program
- Certificate & Credit Pathways
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from The University of Queensland (UQx)
Experts from UQx committed to teaching online learning
Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
At ODI we aim to inform global policy and practice leading to poverty reduction and sustainable development. We believe the world needs leaders who can draw on practical experience and applied research to tackle effectively the complex challenges of national and local development. With its unique blend of development and management theory and practice, the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters provides future leaders with the skills they need to act constructively in different development contexts and help to bring about lasting progress.
AECOM Pty Ltd.
I’m excited to see this innovative new credential; it fills an identified gap in the development education sphere and will positively contribute to the professionalisation of the industry. The high-quality suite of courses on offer are cutting-edge and highly relevant to current development challenges.