What you will learn
- Develop an understanding of what unconscious bias is and its impact on decision-making and develop skills to recognize and take action to mitigate it.
- Learn communication skills to engage in dialogue instead of debate and develop strategies to bridge divides, build inclusion, and create workplaces where everyone feels welcome.
- Explore the concepts of anti-racism, intersectionality, and Emotional Tax and their impact on underrepresented racial or ethnic groups in both remote and on-site workplaces.
- Acquire strategies to create a culturally conscious, inclusive workplace through inclusive leadership behaviors and Catalyst’s “Listen-Learn-Link Up-Lead” framework.
- Develop an understanding of gender equity, why it matters, and how to recognize and address gender inequities in the workplace.
The unprecedented challenges posed by the pandemic and the heightened awareness around racial injustices have challenged organizations and teams to work together in new ways to create inclusive workplaces where employees feel trusted, valued, and psychologically safe. Always, but especially in times of disruption and uncertainty, it’s important that all employees—regardless of rank or role—practice inclusive leadership to support a culture of trust and predictability, help “anchor” teams, and ensure individuals can thrive.
Catalyst’s “Foundations of Race, Gender, and Equity in the Workplace” learning curriculum empowers leaders, from the frontline to the C-suite, with critical knowledge and skills needed to build more inclusive workplaces, manage diverse teams, and serve diverse clients and customers. The curriculum guides learners as they examine their own assumptions and biases; come to understand key terms and behaviors; and practice skills through engaging activities, insightful case studies, and practical self-assessments to gain a clear understanding of what it means to be an inclusive leader and why it’s essential in today’s global marketplace.
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to help build workplaces that work for women. Founded in 1962, Catalyst drives change with pioneering research, practical tools, and proven solutions to accelerate and advance women into leadership– because progress for women is progress for everyone.
Courses in this program
CatalystX's Race, Gender and Workplace Equity Professional Certificate
- 1–2 hours per week, for 1 weeks
Develop insights into and perspectives on racism, intersectionality, and Emotional Tax in the workplace; create an introductory awareness of how to connect across differences; and take action to dismantle bias in workplaces and communities.
- 1–2 hours per week, for 1 weeks
Understand what gender equity is, the difference between gender equity and gender equality, why it matters, and how to recognize and address gender inequity in the workplace.
- Research into the business case for diversity & inclusion shows that diverse, inclusive organizations are more successful at:
- Recruiting and retaining talent.
- Maximizing talent and productivity.
- Developing management teams that are innovative and earn a premium for their innovation.
- Practicing better decision-making among teams.
- Enjoying strong reputations.
- Performing better financially.
Meet your instructors
Experts from CatalystX committed to teaching online learning