What you will learn
- Describe the benefits of implementing AI in organizations, in terms of context, problems, research approach and results.
- Identify the implications of implementing AI in terms of improvement strategies for organizations in industry, academia and education.
- Understand the aspects of AI compliance and ethics and their significance for your own organization.
- Create a plan for the application of AI in your own organization.
Start by recognizing AI’s multiple benefits and implications and end by making a plan for its application.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is like electricity must have been 140 years ago. We may not yet be able to properly imagine how it will affect our lives, but organizations need to start thinking about how AI can be applied to and improve everyday practice.
We can’t just leave this to the coding elite either. This program is therefore not about difficult algorithms and complex programming. Rather, it is for anyone, regardless of their professional background or job role, who is interested in learning how to prepare for and apply AI in their own situation, for instance:
- Experienced managers who want to know what AI can do for their own organization.
- Data analysts or business consultants who want to understand how AI can be applied in the business processes of the company for which they work.
- Students who want to understand how the results of AI research can be translated into practical applications.
AI innovative solutions, such as the use of machine learning, deep learning, computational argumentation, diagnostic image analysis, reinforcement learning, natural language processing, robotics and data analytics, can help you and your company solve specific problems, drive efficiency and improve performance and decision-making.
This two-course program provides a wide range of cases and examples of current AI applications in various organizations. It presents ideas and case studies for actual situations based on state-of-the-art AI research, and provides practical tools for integrating AI into your own organization.
This program has been developed by Delft University of Technology and the Innovation Center for Artificial Intelligence Academy (ICAI) in the Netherlands. ICAI is a national initiative involving industry, universities and government in the area of AI research and applications. Case studies presented include contributions from top Dutch universities, public institutions and AI experts from companies such as ING, Ahold Delhaize, Elsevier, KPN and Thirona.
Courses in this program
DelftX's AI in Practice Professional Certificate
- 3–5 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Learn to recognize and understand the implications of Artificial Intelligence for organizations, and the importance of compliance and ethics when AI is applied in practice.
- 3–5 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Learn about the implementation and practical aspects of Artificial Intelligence and how to write a plan for applying AI in your own organization in a step-by-step manner.
- Businesses continue to invest in projects that utilize the capabilities of AI software and platforms. Spending on AI systems will reach $97.9 billion in 2023, more than two and one half times the $37.5 billion projected in 2019 (source: IDC)
- AI promises to be the most disruptive class of technologies in the next 10 years. AI-derived business value, from 3 different sources (customer experience, new revenues and cost reduction) is forecast to reach $3.9 trillion in 2022 (source: Gartner)
- 40% of respondents in a survey to Global 2000 organizations claim to be adding more jobs as a result of adopting AI within their business and the number of companies deploying AI is expected to increase (source: PRNewswire/Dun & Bradstreet survey)
- The growth of AI is expected to create 58 million net new jobs by 2022 according to a report from the World Economic Forum.
- AI, robotics and smart automation technology will bring greater economic benefits which could contribute up to $15 trillion to global GDP by 2030 according to a PwC study (source: Forbes)
Meet your instructors
Experts from DelftX committed to teaching online learning
In a world in which AI investment is taking flight, it is of great importance to embrace AI in order to safeguard our competitive position and prosperity. ICAI believes in bottom-up innovation. AI offers countless possibilities for industry, government and non-profits. It can solve data-driven decision problems better and faster and improve performance. The AI in Practice program is highly relevant to anyone who wants to learn more about how to integrate AI into their organization.