What you will learn
- Develop an understanding of important cybersecurity tools and concepts.
- Recognize threats and breaches that are relevant in today’s dynamic cybersecurity environment.
- Explain key approaches to data protection, endpoint protection, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), and more.
- Gain hands-on experience to increase your abilities in cybersecurity using industry-specific and open-source security tools.
- Develop practical skills for incident responses and forensics through real-world cybersecurity case studies.
The cybersecurity industry offers an increasing number of exciting, high-paying jobs that do not necessarily require a college degree. This Professional Certificate equips you with the technical skills to become job-ready for a rewarding Cybersecurity Analyst role.
Through instructional content and hands-on labs, you will delve into essential concepts in information security such as network and database security, endpoint protection, incident response, threat intelligence, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment.
Cybersecurity stands as one of the most sought-after career fields, witnessing a significant demand for skilled professionals. To thrive in this field, you should possess computer proficiency, a willingness to acquire new technical skills, and enjoy collaborative problem-solving and effective communication.
By the program's completion, you will have engaged in a hands-on project simulating a real-world security breach and practiced using industry tools in virtual labs, instilling the confidence needed to launch your cybersecurity career.
Courses in this program
IBM's Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate
- 4–8 hours per week, for 4 weeks
This course gives you the background needed to understand the basics of Cybersecurity. You will explore information security from its history to a description of various cybercriminals and cybersecurity threats concluding with the tools needed to prevent an attack.
- 3–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Build the background needed to understand key cybersecurity compliance and industry standards. The knowledge gained in this course is critical for any cybersecurity role you would like to acquire or grow into within an organization. You will also learn about how to secure your systems through an understanding of basic server administration concepts.
- 3–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Build a background needed to understand basic network security and learn how to safeguard your organization from cybersecurity attacks. In addition to network security, you will learn about different types of data including personal sensitive data and safeguarding your organization from a data breach.
- 4–5 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Learn about the various phases of penetration testing, incident response, and the forensic process. This course is part of the IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate!
- 5–6 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Gain an understanding of network defensive tactics, network access controls, as well as network monitoring tools. This course is part of the IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate!
- 3–4 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Research real-world data breaches and explore different incident response methodologies and security models. This course is part of the IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate!
- The average salary for a cyber security analyst in the USA is $109,226 per year according to talent.com.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects 35% hiring growth for Information Security Analysts through 2031, growing much faster than average in other careers.
- According to Cyberseek, there are almost half a million job openings that require cybersecurity related skills.