ISCEA: Sustainable Supply Chains and Circularity
Master both Sustainability and Supply Chain terms used throughout the Industry. Learn the foundational topics and innovations required for strategic and sustainable planning - a course that can lead to the future acquisition of the Globally Recognized, ISCEA CSSCP (Certified Sustainable Supply Chain) Professional Designation.
There is one session available:
Sustainable Supply Chains and Circularity
About this courseSkip About this course
The SSCP01 course introduces learners to the foundations of both Sustainability and Supply Chain. As a current or future professional in either industry, the course provides general background on both Sustainability and Supply Chain. The main objective of the SSCP01 course is to show that Supply Chain Efficiency and Sustainable Innovation are not mutually exclusive, but rather complement each other when paired with correct strategies and business planning. An emphasis on initiatives guiding both economic and environmental performance will be visible throughout the course.
The course defines the Sustainable Supply Chain. The fundamental issues and obstacles to achieving efficient Global Supply Chains are highlighted to demonstrate the importance of planning and long term management. Circular Economy Models and techniques to shift the traditional linear Supply Chain into a closed-loop model are presented in SSCP01. SSCP01 highlights various International Sustainability Standard Frameworks and introduce learners to the importance of Sustainable Audits. Sustainable Audits will measure, account, and track current operations. SSCP01 includes unique Sustainable Standards around the globe and highlights the ongoing movement to promote social and economic welfare in developed and developing nations. Case Studies of corporate social responsibility initiatives, the role of partnerships, and examples of closed-loop innovations in Global Supply Chain are present in the course.
This course is one of the three ISCEA Sustainability Supply Chain courses offered on edX to prepare the leaners for the Globally Recognized, ISCEA Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional (CSSCP) Designation. To pursue the Official ISCEA CSSCP Certification, ISCEA requires the successful completion of the Official CSSCP Exam. The ISCEA certification can be acquired to advance Sustainable Supply Chain Management skills of professionals in any industry or global market.
The completion of the three edX courses does not designate CSSCP, but satisfies the enforced prerequisite required for CSSCP Exam registration.
ISCEA, the International Supply Chain Education Alliance was the first global organization certifying supply chain managers, and it remains the worldwide authoritative resource for Supply Chain career validation with thousands of certificate holders commanding top-tier salaries.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional (CSSCP)
- Associated skills: Corporate Social Responsibility, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Supply Chain Optimization, Environmentalism, Management, Supply Chain, Business Planning, Planning, Auditing, Innovation
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Review and Define Foundational Sustainability Topics and Current Global Sustainability Goals
- Review Basic Supply Chain Principles, advance into the integration of Sustainability and Supply Chain Process
- Apply and include Sustainable Supply Chain Strategies and Processes
- Shift mindset from solely profit business-oriented to long term success and resilience, utilize beneficial partnerships and involve stakeholders
- Understand the fundamental issues that impede progress toward Sustainable Supply Chain flows
- To mitigate the challenges and obstacles within Supply Chains
- Understand and Utilize Circular Supply Chain models and lifecycle analysis toward circular economy
- Understand environmental impacts of Supply Chain: Reduce emissions and create value from traditional "waste"