About this course
- Today nearly 100% of IT organizations use Agile and many other industries are quickly following
- The likelihood of being on a Scrum or Scrum-like project is quickly approaching 50/50 or better over time.
In this course we start by learning the key project management processes, roles, mechanics, and philosophies behind Scrum. This gives you the basic understanding you'll need in the Mastering Agile Professional Certificate program to learn principles at the heart of all Agile frameworks. This will provide the basis for understanding Agile in its purest form over four weeks exploring Why, Who, How, and finally What Scrum looks like applied in the real world.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners can earn 10 Professional Development Unit (PDU) credits, which are recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PDU credits are essential to those looking to maintain certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
What you'll learn
- Why Agile is taking over: history, case studies, and proof Agile works better
- Who uses Agile based on industry scale, stakeholders, and engineering
- How to run a successful Scrum team for speed, innovation, leadership, and control
- Scrum team makeup, user story writing, sprint planning, execution, and retro tools
- What Scrum looks like at scale, its alternatives, and how to avoid pitfalls over time
- Week 1: The first week starts with Why agile methods are used – based on case studies that prove its effectiveness and the history of getting to Scrum.
- Week 2: The second week explores Who uses agile across industries, exploring the types of work management and how Scrum Agile fits into the world of work.
- Week 3: The third week gets into the mechanics of Scrum and How Scrum is performed and executed. Here you’ll learn team formation, planning and retro games, and how to effectively manage work to meet Sprint objectives.
- Week 4: The last week pivots to look at what Scrum looks like at Scale, and how it differs from other Agile frameworks in terms of scale, program and portfolio management, risk management, and pitfalls of Agile
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $125.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally