About this courseSkip About this course
Our aim is to help you answer a simple question: Does climate risk matter to investors? We do this by defining the financial risks related to climate change and follow with the investment policies and risk management strategies that are taking shape. This course is also a starting point for risk and strategy managers anticipating the impacts from the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) asking firms to disclose the climate risks they face. In short, the course is a primer on how global capital markets are responding the world’s greatest environmental risk.
Participants will be exposed to the latest thinking from senior leaders in financial services and multinational firms. The course is led by business school faculty and The Centre for Climate Finance and Investment at Imperial College London; designed by investment practitioners for finance professionals and those aspiring to enter the field.
Climate-KIC is supported by EIT, a body of the European Union.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to define climate change risks into distinct categories
- An introduction to climate change risk management
- Concepts of physical risks (eg. stranded assets) and transition risks (eg. renewable energy technology developments)
- Emerging trends in the transition towards climate-resilient investing
- Ways of thinking about potential winners and losers in a lower carbon economy
- Sources of financing emerging within the private sector for new investments
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $79.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally