About this course
Are you interested in what’s happening in your global community? Explore economic, social, political, and environmental issues through the lens of geography.
By exploring human influences and patterns, you can better understand the world around you, make predictions, and propose solutions to current issues. In this course, you will investigate geographic perspectives and analyze historical and current patterns of migration, population, political organization of space, agriculture, food production, land use, industrialization and economic development.
In addition, you will learn helpful strategies for answering multiple-choice questions and free response essay questions on the AP Human Geography test.
Each of the seven modules in this course aligns with the concepts in the Advanced Placement* Human Geography course.
This course is specifically designed for students who are interested in learning more about the AP Human Geography course before enrolling, supplementary support and exam review, and for use in blended learning classrooms.
* Advanced Placement® and AP® are trademarks registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these offerings.
What you'll learn
- how to interpret maps and analyze geospatial data
- ways to determine implications of associations and networks among phenomena in places
- how to recognize relationships among patterns and processes at different scales of analysis
- methods to define regions and regionalization processes
- strategies for analyzing interconnections among places
- how the AP* Human Geography exam is structured and helpful strategies for doing your best
Module 2: Population and Migration
Module 3: Cultural Patterns and Processes
Module 4: Political Organization of Space
Module 5: Agriculture, Food Production, and Rural Land Use
Module 6: Industrialization and Economic Development
Module 7: Cities and Urban Land Use
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $49.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally