There is one session available:
Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Skills
About this courseSkip About this course
What do you do when you encounter a problem? This self-paced career development course will help you think critically and creatively to solve problems and design solutions. These skills will set you apart from peers and make you a sought-after leader and teammate.
This is the third course in Fullbridge’s four-part Career Development XSeries, designed to prepare you to succeed in the modern workplace.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Skills for Success
- Associated skills:Leadership, Critical Thinking, Design Thinking, Problem Solving, Career Development
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to frame problems using a systematic, repeatable process
- How to develop and test solutions using the 80/20 rule
- How to identify user needs and develop solutions to meet them
- How to use design thinking to generate ideas and discover creative solutions
- How to plan and execute primary and secondary research
- How to design and build effective surveys
This is a self-paced course and can be completed according to your own schedule. Our recommendation is to complete the course over four weeks, with one to two hours of time spent working through the course per week. After the Course Introduction, each section should take approximately one to two hours to complete.
Section 0: Course Introduction
Review course logistics, including the course overview, schedule, components, grading, and support.
Section 1: Problem Solving
Learn strategies and techniques that will enable you to effectively problem solve using a systematic, repeatable process.
Section 2: Design Thinking
Familiarize yourself with the design thinking process and learn how to develop innovative, game-changing ideas.
Section 3: Research Methods
Master how to plan and execute effective research, including how to design effective surveys and user tests.
Section 4: Final Assessment and Course Recap
Demonstrate your mastery of the course content in the final assessment.