What you will learn
- A firm grasp of the mathematical subjects most relevant to undergraduate students in science and technology studies: functions, equations, differentiation and integration.
- A basic understanding of the following physics topics: mechanics, electricity and magnetism, and waves.
- Confidence in using a more academic approach to the study of math and physics.
- The ability to apply this knowledge to various engineering contexts.
Math and physics both lie at the core of science and engineering disciplines. Therefore, a strong foundation will make sure you are ready for more advanced courses and electives, and even contribute to your success in your future career!
This series of two courses will help to ensure that you do not suffer from the learning deficit that often occurs between high school and university. It will mean that you start your undergraduate course with greater confidence and a stronger knowledge base.
The courses will cover the basic topics that are taught in the foundation years of science and engineering programs. Since we know that equations are essential but can become tiresome, to spice the content up we will also offer you real-world examples of how what you learn is applied in various disciplines, including Applied Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
Courses in this program
DelftX's Science and Engineering Prep: Pre-university Calculus and Physics. Professional Certificate
- Started Jun 7, 20216–8 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Prepare for your technical studies by reviewing the fundamentals of physics. Become familiar with the way physics and physics-related topics are taught at university level.
- Prospective engineering students who want to refresh their physics and math knowledge before starting university.
- High school students who would like an additional challenge in physics and math beyond that offered by their school.
- Engineering students already enrolled in university who realize they need to refresh their physics and math capability.
- Other learners who are interested in university level physics and mathematics.
Meet your instructors
Experts from DelftX committed to teaching online learning