What you will learn
- A broad and robust understanding of computer science and programming
- Graph search algorithms
- Reinforcement learning
- Machine learning
- Artificial intelligence principles
- How to design intelligent systems
- How to use AI in Python programs
The demand for expertise in AI and machine learning is growing rapidly. By enabling new technologies like self-driving cars and recommendation systems or improving old ones like medical diagnostics and search engines, AI is transforming how we live, work, and play. This series will enable you to take the first steps toward understanding programming fundamentals so you can solve important real-world problems and future-proof your career.
This professional certificate series combines CS50’s legendary Introduction to Computer Science course with a new program that takes a deep dive into the concepts and algorithms at the foundation of modern artificial intelligence. This series will lead you through the most popular undergraduate course at Harvard, where you’ll learn the common programming languages, then carries that foundation through CS50’s Introduction to Artificial Intelligence with Python. Through hands-on projects, you’ll gain exposure to the theory behind graph search algorithms, classification, optimization, reinforcement learning, and other topics in artificial intelligence.
By course’s end, students emerge with experience in libraries for machine learning as well as knowledge of artificial intelligence principles that enable them to design intelligent systems of their own. Enroll now to gain expertise in one of the fastest-growing domains of computer science from the creators of one of the most popular computer science courses ever.
Courses in this program
HarvardX's Computer Science for Artificial Intelligence Professional Certificate
- Employment of software developers is projected to grow 24% from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. (source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- The median pay for software developers in the U.S. in 2018 was $105,590 per year. (source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
Meet your instructors
Experts from HarvardX committed to teaching online learning