Jonathan Berg has been teaching critical thinking for over 40 years, mainly at the University of Haifa, where he is a professor in the Department of Philosophy. Education:
● Ph.D., Philosophy, UCLA, 1983
● A.B., Mathematics & Philosophy, U.C., Berkeley, 1976 Areas of specialization:
● critical thinking
● philosophy of language
● philosophical logic Major works:
● Applied Logic: A Guide to the Principles of Argument. (In Hebrew) Jerusalem: Israel Ministry of Education and Branco Weiss Institute, 1998.
● Direct Belief: An Essay on the Semantics, Pragmatics, and Metaphysics of Belief. Mouton Series in Pragmatics, 13. Berlin and Boston: De Gruyter Mouton, 2012. Website: http://lecturers.haifa.ac.il/en/hcc/jberg/Pages/default.aspx#