What you will learn
- Understand both the sound theoretical principles of finance, and the practical environment in which financial decisions are made.
- How to use the free cash flow method for firm evaluation.
- Apply frameworks for valuation and discounting.
- Value stocks and bonds.
- Compute the return on any project.
- Value a firm by projecting cash flows and calculating residual value.
- How to make investment decisions for corporations.
- Understand the effect of capital structure on the risk of the equity and debt of a firm.
- Measure risk and estimate the expected return of an asset based on its risk.
Courses in this program
ColumbiaX's Corporate Finance Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructor from Columbia University (ColumbiaX)
Experts from ColumbiaX committed to teaching online learning
CBS has a world-class finance program, headlined by the Corporate Finance course. I learned financial modeling, valuations, competitive analysis, leadership, and data-based management at CBS. An edX Professional Certificate in Corporate Finance in partnership with CBS would be a valuable asset to any professional.