What you will learn
- Components of solar radiation, solar cells and standard solar spectrum characteristics;
- Monitoring of air quality, meteorology and challenges in harsh climates;
- Energy yield of PV modules and how to predict it under specific environmental conditions;
- PV module reliability, soiling and mitigation strategies;
- Use of techno-economic models of PV technology diffusion to measure economic impact.
Courses in this program
HBKUx's Solar Energy in Hot Desert Climates Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKUx)
Experts from HBKUx committed to teaching online learning
Driven by environmental and economic considerations, solar energy is playing an increasing role in our lives. Desert areas are attractive for solar energy, but also come with major challenges. Professionals in the solar energy industry would benefit from taking this Professional Certificate program focused on practical information and solutions to maximize the benefit of solar energy in desert climates. Kahramaa is leading Qatar’s efforts in deploying utility-scale solar energy power plants in Qatar’s desert climate. This program will benefit our employees and the professionals working with Kahramaa on these important projects.
The program provides crucial insight into the unique operating environment that PV installations face in the desert, and equips participants with vital knowledge for working on PV installations in such a challenging environment.