What you will learn
- To design VR applications with Unity 3D
- How OpenGL works and is used to create realistic looking applications
- To transform coordinate systems for 3D interactions
- Hardware components for VR and how they work
- What makes a VR application successful
- How to create your own VR app
- How to use this VR program to develop augmented reality (AR) applications
Courses in this program
UCSanDiegoX's Virtual Reality (VR) App Development Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from The University of California, San Diego (UCSanDiegoX)
At Qualcomm we are working on the next generation of mobile computing devices. Virtual and augmented reality are an important part of it. We value software developers with a strong foundation in 3D computer graphics programming and an understanding of virtual and augmented reality technology. It is my belief that candidates who successfully completed the edX Professional Certificate for Virtual Reality Application Development will be at an advantage when applying to Qualcomm's computer graphics groups.
At Sixense Entertainment Inc. we need software developers with strong knowledge in the areas of computer graphics and virtual reality. Applicants who successfully completed the edX Professional Certificate for Virtual Reality Application Development will have a significant advantage.