About this course
Want to study for an MBA but unsure of your basic accounting skills? Paving the way for MBA study, this course will teach you the foundational accounting skills needed to achieve success on an MBA program and in business generally.
You will be introduced to the principles of accounting and learn about the basic financial statements, including the income statement, the balance sheet and the cash flow statement. You will learn how to read and interpret this information in order to make informed business decisions.
This course assumes no prior knowledge of accounting. Concepts are explained clearly and regular activities offer you the opportunity to practice your skills and improve your confidence.
What you'll learn
- How to create and interpret the three basic accounting statements - the income statement, the balance sheet and the cash flow statement
- How management accounting differs from financial accounting
- How financial information is used on an MBA program and in business to make informed decisions
- Accounting statements and principles
- The income statement
- The balance sheet
- The cash flow statement
- Short-term decision making
- Long-term decision making
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $79.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally