About this courseSkip About this course
This course, developed by the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Hong Kong in collaboration with committee members of international and national cardiac imaging societies, is for radiologists, cardiologists, radiographers/ technologists and other health professionals who want to learn more about this imaging modality. The course follows the level 1 recommendations of cardiac imaging societies by covering the required topics and providing 50 hands-on cardiac CT cases. Previous experience in cardiac CT is not required.
- Understanding of the common cardiac CT examinations in order to better understand how to acquire cardiac images and to interpret them.
- Ability to analyse cardiac CT images at level 1 competency such as calcium score, CT coronary angiography, TAVI.
- Attain hands-on experience to analyse real cases from a database of 50 clinical cases, using dedicated software, as well as further supplementation through our web forum.
- Basic understanding of future developments in the cardiac CT field.
- Provide career advice and thoughts from well-known experts through exclusive interviews.
A MOOC on cardiovascular magnetic resonance will be available on this platform in the near future. Watch this space!
This course is supported by the grant from Sanming Project of Medicine in Shenzhen. We would like to thank Miss Benedicte Coiffier and Miss Bohan Fan from the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Hong Kong (HKU), for coordinating the online courses and the HKU Technology-Enriched Learning Initiative (TELI) team for producing the educational material. We would like to express our sincere thanks to our colleagues Luo Lin, Chen Yan, and Baroc Ho from the Radiology Division, Department of Medical Imaging, The University of Hong Kong-Shenzhen Hospital, for translating all the texts into Chinese and Dr Nitin Ramamurthy and Dr Jhonatan Bringas for their additional help.
此课程获得深圳医疗卫生“三名工程”的资助。我们衷心感谢香港大学放射诊断科的Benedicte Coiffier和范博涵协助组织在线课程，以及香港大学科创习新小组制作课程材料。我们非常感谢香港大学深圳医院医学影像中心放射科的同事罗琳、陈燕与何健龙把所有文本翻译成中文。感谢Dr Nitin Ramamurthy 和Dr Jhonatan Bringas的帮助。
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Cardiac anatomy as seen on CT.
- Different types of cardiac CT examinations and their roles such as calcium score, CT coronary angiogram, CT pulmonary veins and TAVI.
- How to interpret cardiac CT examinations and CT angiography.
- How to acquire images at the scanner whilst reducing radiation dose and to do image post-processing for analysis.
- More advanced utilization of cardiac CT in coronary artery disease, such as ventricular function and CT FFR.
- Understanding and experience using dedicated software to interpret cardiac images, through our web forum.
WEEK 1: Anatomy and common types of Cardiac CT
This MOOC will begin with a course on cardiac anatomy and common cardiac CT examinations (e.g calcium score, CT coronary angiogram, pulmonary vein CT and TAVI). You will also learn basics on contrasts agents.
WEEK 2: Role, Analysis & Reporting of Cardiac CT
In this section, we will teach you the role of calcium score, CT coronary angiogram, CT pulmonary veins and TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation) and how to interpret those examinations. We will also explain the role and analysis of CT for planning atrial fibrillation therapy.
WEEK 3: Technology, Image Production and Post Processing
This section will cover the principles of image production at the scanner (e.g physics, adapted protocols, radiation exposure). You will also learn image post-processing for analysis.
WEEK 4: Specialized Utilization of CT
In the last section, we will introduce you to more advanced utilizations of cardiac CT (e.g Ventricular function, CT FFR, myocardial perfusion, spectral CT) and future developments in cardiac CT.
You will also have the opportunity to practice on clinical cases and discuss this through our web forum every week.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.