About this courseSkip About this course
This psychology course will show you how the brain works. You will learn the basics of neuroscience, genetics and evolutionary psychology. We will also cover the visual system and other sensory systems. The course concludes with coverage of the variety of states of consciousness.
This course includes video-based lectures and demonstrations, interviews with real research psychologists and a plethora of practice questions to help prepare you for that AP® Psychology exam.
This is the second in a six-course AP® Psychology sequence designed to prepare you for the AP® Psychology exam.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- The basics of neuroanatomy, neural transmission, and the endocrine system
- The basics of genetics
- An understanding of the field of evolutionary psychology
- The neuroscience and psychology of the visual system and your other sensory systems
- The psychology of perception and attention
- The variety of states of consciousness
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$49 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally