About this courseSkip About this course
You will monitor your application and deployment using Amazon Cloudwatch, and create dashboards using Amazon Elasticsearch and Kibana to gather and catalog performance metrics.
This course has a significant hands-on component. Throughout the class, you will perform exercises using the AWS services covered.
Class discussions provide an opportunity for you to interact with fellow students as well as AWS training staff.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to use AWS developer tools including AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CodePipeline.
- How to use AWS tools to monitor your development and production environments. How to monitor application performance using AWS tools including Amazon CloudWatch and Amazon Elasticsearch
- How to automate the development/staging/production process
Welcome to Deploying on AWS
- Meet the instructors
- Discussion: Introduce yourself
- What are we building this course? Project Introduction
- Exercise 1.1: Setup a local AWS Cloud9 environment
- Introduction and demonstration
- Exercise 1.2: Local deployment with AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Exercise 2.1: AWS CodeCommit
- Exercise: 2.2 AWS CodeBuild
- Exercise 2.3 – AWS CodePipeline
- Exercise 3.1 CloudFormation - Create an RDS and a VPC
- Exercise 3.2 CloudFormation
- Exercise 3.3 - Code Deploy
- Acceptance Testing
- Exercise 3.4 Acceptance Testing
Week 4AWS Systems Manager
- Appspec File & Rolling Deployments
- Exercise 4.1- Integrating AWS CodeDeploy and AWS CodePipeline
- Monitoring the Pipeline
- Exercise 5.1 - Notifications on Build Status
- Exercise 5.2 Stream nginx logs into CloudWatch Logs
- Exercise 5.3 Integrate CloudWatch logs with Amazon Elasticsearch Service and Kibana
Seeing a change through the pipeline
- Adding a feature to our application
- Exercise 6.1: Japanese language check-in and build.
- Branching Workflows
Couse Wrap up and Preview of Next course
End of Course Assessment
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$149 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Frequently asked questions
A. Learners can register for the course in an Audit track or Verified Certificate track. The Audit track is free, but limits the duration of access to 6 weeks from registration. The Verified Certificate track costs $149 and provides full access to course content for the duration. Please visit edx.org for more information.
In addition to course registration costs, this course provides optional hands-on exercises which may have an associated charge in your AWS account. Please familiarize yourself with the AWS Free Tier at aws.amazon.com/free/.
Please note that the AWS Free Tier also has a limit on the amount of resources that you can consume before you begin accruing charges. If you perform these hands-on exercises, there is a chance you may incur charges on your AWS account. Please visit the AWS Free Tier page for more information.
Q. Do I need a credit card to create an AWS Account?
A. Yes, you will need a credit card to activate your AWS account.
Q. How much time will this course require?
A. If following the weekly schedule, learners should plan to spend 2-4 hours per week on this course. However, learners may complete the course at their own pace.
Q. Will I receive a certificate for this course?
A. Learners enrolled in the Verified Certificate path will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Q. What is the grading policy for this course?
A. All learners may take weekly quizzes, which are not graded and allow unlimited retries.
Learners in the Verified Certificate track are able to take the final course assessment in the course. Passing the final assessment is required to obtain the Verified Certificate.
Learners in the Audit track will not have access to the final assessment, and will not be able to earn a certificate.
Q. How are discussions used in this course?
A. This course has discussion groups aligned to each week of the course. We encourage learners to ask questions or offer suggestions and feedback. AWS Instructors will monitor the discussion groups to answer questions specific to the exercises and topics covered in the course.
Q. Will this course help me prepare for an AWS Certification?
A. Earning an AWS Certification typically requires both knowledge and experience. While this course, if taken in isolation, will provide you with relevant information and skills, it likely will not equip you to earn an AWS Certification. For more information about AWS Certifications, including recommended training and experience requirements, visit aws.amazon.com/certification.