What you will learn
- You will learn about exciting applications of deep learning and why it is really rewarding to learn how to leverage deep learning skills.
- You will learn about neural networks and how they learn and update their weights and biases.
- You will learn about the vanishing gradient problem.
- You will learn about building a regression model using the Keras library.
- You will learn about building a classification model using the Keras library.
- You will learn about supervised deep learning models, such as convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks, and how to build a convolutional neural network using the Keras library.
- You will learn about unsupervised learning models such as autoencoders.
This course will present simplified explanations to some of today's hottest topics in data science, including:
- What is deep learning?
- How do neural networks learn and what are activation functions?
- What are deep learning libraries and how do they compare to one another?
- What are supervised and unsupervised deep learning models?
- How to use Keras to build, train, and test deep learning models?
Before you start
- Python Programming. For example, you can complete this course on edX: Python Basics for Data Science.
- Machine Learning with Python. For example, you can complete this course on edX: Machine Learning with Python: A Practical Introduction.
- Partial Derivatives. You can find tutorials for this on Khan Academy.
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Mar 20, 2019
Meet Your Instructors
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.