About this course
This course will present simplified explanations to some of today's hottest topics in data science, including:
- What is deep learning?
- How do neural networks learn and what are activation functions?
- What are deep learning libraries and how do they compare to one another?
- What are supervised and unsupervised deep learning models?
- How to use Keras to build, train, and test deep learning models?
What you'll learn
- You will learn about exciting applications of deep learning and why it is really rewarding to learn how to leverage deep learning skills.
- You will learn about neural networks and how they learn and update their weights and biases.
- You will learn about the vanishing gradient problem.
- You will learn about building a regression model using the Keras library.
- You will learn about building a classification model using the Keras library.
- You will learn about supervised deep learning models, such as convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks, and how to build a convolutional neural network using the Keras library.
- You will learn about unsupervised learning models such as autoencoders.
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Biological Neural Networks
- Artificial Neural Networks - Forward Propagation
Module 2 - Artificial Neural Networks
- Gradient Descent
- Vanishing Gradient
- Activation Functions
Module 3 - Deep Learning Libraries
- Introduction to Deep Learning Libraries
- Regression Models with Keras
- Classification Models with Keras
Module 4 - Deep Learning Models
- Shallow and Deep Neural Networks
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.