About this courseSkip About this course
In this era of low levels of trust, increasing cynicism, fake news and rampant uncertainty, leaders committed to an ethical approach have never been more important.
But what makes an ethical leader, and why is their approach so important to organisations?
This course is an introduction to the theories and practices of ethical leadership, with a focus on organisations. Drawing on New Zealand case studies — one of the least corrupt countries in the world — this course will enable you to recognise the role of ethics in organisational decision-making, analyse the actions of leaders from an ethical perspective, and learn to become a truly ethical leader yourself.
Through the voices of recognised leaders from New Zealand’s private, public and NGO sectors, you will also hear about the main issues ethical leadership should address.
Individuals, organisations and society all benefit from ethical leadership. In this course we will show you how and why this value-based leadership matters to us all.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- to understand the meaning and importance of ethical leadership for business organisations.
- to recognise the role of ethics in organisational decision-making.
- to analyse the actions of leaders within organisations, from an ethical point of view.
- to apply ethical theories to the practices of leadership.
- to reflect on your own ethical practices and actions in both present and future leadership roles.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$49 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally