About this courseSkip About this course
With the explosion of data collection enabled by the internet, mobile applications and transformation into the cloud, effective data analytics is turning into a critical tool in practically every domain – from academia to enterprise.
Start off with an overview of different types of data analysis techniques (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive) before diving deeper into descriptive analysis. Then, apply your knowledge with a guided project that makes use of a simple, but powerful dataset available by default in every AWS account: the logs from AWS CloudTrail. The CloudTrail service enables governance, compliance, operational auditing, and risk auditing of your AWS account. Through the project you’ll also get an introduction to Amazon Athena and Amazon QuickSight. Examples of common data analysis scenarios and benefits of doing analytics in the cloud will be discussed. And, you’ll learn how to build a basic security dashboard as a simple but practical method of applying your newfound data analytics knowledge.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understand what data analytics means in the modern world and how to do data analytics in the cloud
- Explain different types of data analyses – descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive
- Understand how to do descriptive data analytics in the cloud, with typical data sets
- Understand at a very high level different aspects of data analytics – such as ingestion, cleaning, processing, querying, visualization
- Build simple visualizations in AWS QuickSight to do descriptive analytics (using S3, Cloudtrail, Athena)
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$49 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally