What you will learn
- Advanced multimedia features with the Track and WebAudio APIs
- HTML5 games techniques
- More APIs, including Web Workers and Service Workers
- Persistence techniques for data storage including IndexedDB, File System API and drag and drop
Want to learn advanced HTML5 tips and techniques? This is the course for you! Find out more about the powerful Web features that will help you create great content and apps.
This course is a natural follow up of HTML5 Coding Essentials and Good Practices. In this course, we continue the exploration of HTML5-based APIs, but also introduce some advanced features related to HTML5, such as Web components, advanced multimedia, audio for music and games, etc.
Like in the first course, you will learn by doing, study the interactive examples and have fun with proposed development projects. One of them will be to create an HTML5 game, so jump in and learn lots!
Before you start
We recommend that students follow the 4 other W3Cx courses that are part of the FEWD program:
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Jan 22, 2019