What you will learn
- Fundamental analytics models and methods
- How to use analytics software, including R, to implement various types of models
- Understanding of when to apply specific analytics models
Analytical models are key to understanding data, generating predictions, and making business decisions. Without models it’s nearly impossible to gain insights from data. In modeling, it’s essential to understand how to choose the right data sets, algorithms, techniques and formats to solve a particular business problem.
In this course, part of the Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods MicroMasters program, you’ll gain an intuitive understanding of fundamental models and methods of analytics and practice how to implement them using common industry tools like R.
You’ll learn about analytics modeling and how to choose the right approach from among the wide range of options in your toolbox.
You will learn how to use statistical models and machine learning as well as models for:
- change detection;
- data smoothing;
- decision making.
Before you start
- Probability and statistics
- Basic programming proficiency
- Linear algebra
- Basic calculus
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Feb 22, 2019
Meet Your Instructors
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.