What you will learn
- Understand the component parts of an IoT network and its connections
- Evaluate different infrastructure components and network systems
- Analyse protocols and determine best fit for different IoT applications
- Design the basic network for your own IoT ideas
The Internet of Things (IoT) is expanding at a rapid rate, and it is becoming increasingly important for professionals to understand what it is, how it works, and how to harness its power to improve your business.
In this course we will focus on how the IoT works. You will learn about IoT networks and explore how ‘things’ connect to it, including whether the connection and processing is local (fog) or remote (cloud).
We will explore data networks, connection types, layer models and analyze IoT protocols and standards.
You’ll also learn how to evaluate different infrastructure components and network systems, and how to go about designing a basic network for your own IoT ideas.
Before you start
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Jan 17, 2019
Meet Your Instructors
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.